Monday, January 7, 2013


Happy 2013 one and all!  First email of the year...too much pressure to be profound...

I don´t really have that much to report this week.  Sister correa got transferred because of her knees, so it´s just Sister Winslow and I here in Chapecó.  Sister Winslow has one year in the mission and I am her first American companion, so it´s kind of funny.  We have a lot in common and are working super hard to make up for lost time when they were stuck in the apartment. It´s been really fun in this new area...so far I haven´t from the hills. But my legs are becoming slightly manly. MAS...in the words of our district leader...tudo pelo reino. haha or...everything for the kingdom!! Our district is super excited and it makes the work a lot more enjoyable. Last week for district meeting elder noel made an apple pie! Like who even does that? It was delicious too! 

I started a new journalish kind of idea this year...I bought an agenda and it has a small page for everyday of the year. I call it "meu ano de alegria" or "my year of joy." I had the idea to write one thing everyday that made me happy or brought a little more joy into my life! During our Christmas conference, Sister Fernandes gave a talk about joy. She quoted the scripture in Nephi and said...We are that we might have joy! One of our purposes in this life is to find joy, and be happy! She talked about no matter where we are in life or what trials we are going through, we can always choose to find joy! We are here to learn and to have experiences, and this brings joy!  The mission is a period of a lot of hard work, but it is also a period of a lot of joy. I need to be more grateful for the blessings I have and recieve daily! So anyway- here´s to my year of joy...

well two paragraphs in and I´m already out of words...pois é...

pray for a lot of life threatening and thrilling experiences for me this week and I will tell you all about it next week tá?!

love you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment